The Firm’s Managing Partner and head of our M&A, Banking and Project Finance Department, Paul JING, has a mastery of the functioning and operation of rules governing the US capital markets. He has advised Bloomberg Finance LLP on potential investments in Cameroon and the CEMAC Region and successfully assisted the International Finance Corporation (IFC) with pre-investment advisory services, and subsequently in the structuring of the very first Regional Bond Issue within the CEMAC region the IFC in 2009. The Firm was appointed by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in 2009 as the Law Firm of choice to assist in the structuring of the very first Regional Bond issue of 20 Billion FCFA within the CEMAC Zone.
In the successful IFC CEMAC Bond Issue, Jing & Partners performed the following tasks:
- Drafted and filed the applications for authorizations to issue to the Ministers in Charge of Finance of all CEMAC countries ie Cameroon, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Central Africa Republic, and Congo (in line with applicable local and regional laws);
- Drafted the application to COSUMAF (Regional Regulator) for registration and authorization to issue;
- Reviewed all Syndication Agreements between IFC, Investment Service Providers, and all professional Arrangers and Underwriters;
- Advised on and effectively drafted clauses related to Exchange Control authorizations and tax exemptions.
- Drafted the Prospectus in French and English including all disclosure and disclaimer provisions;
- Reviewed, validated, and consistently updated the content of the amended version of the Prospectus with additional information on the Issuer;
- Prepared applications for COSUMAF visa on the Prospectus by sections 32, 33, and 63 of the COSUMAF Regulation;
- Prepared the applications for a visas by Cameroonian Financial Market Commission by applicable regulations;
- Assisted in all Road Shows in all of the six (6) CEMAC member States, reviewed all Road Show advertisement material and assisted in question and answer sessions during the Road Shows;
- Assisted in the preparation, opening and closing of subscriptions within the national and regional levels of the process;
- Assisted in negotiations with the national (DSX) and regional (BVMAC) stock markets before listing and effective listing;
- Drafted the applications for listing on the DSX;
- Assisted in the effective listing ceremonies; and
- Issued the official legal opinion on the Bond issue process.
“Experienced Attorneys Aggressive Representation.”
Following the successful IFC CEMAC MOABI Bond issue, Jing & Partners was retained as Counsel by the prestigious regional regulator, COSUMAF in 2009.
Jing & Partners was again retained to advise a consortium of arrangers i.e. Citibank, SGBC, and Afriland during launching and listing of the very successful 2010 Government of Cameroon 200 Billion FCFA bond issue.